Logo

The Circle of Hashibahbah

The MisCon Writer's Workshop Forums
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Tattoo time soon?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:23 am 
GOD

I found me a website full of Duran Duran tattoos, and it's gotten me so in the mood for my next one. I have always planned on it, but never quite knew when it'd happen. Now I've gotta take my design around town and see which artist I like best.

In fact, I hadn't really planned on the one I have now, except that it was a "test" pattern to see if I could a)stand the pain and b)commit to tattoos in the first place. I passed both of those tests! :mrgreen:

My next tattoo, of course, will be The Tree. I've wanted it for many years now, and I think it's time. The Duran Duran tat has brought me luck: consider that two months after getting it (and one month after healing from the second session) - I had tickets to see them live. I always thought having the Tree tattoo would inspire me to work harder, and I think maybe it will. Luck. Hard work. Inspiration.

Tree.

(I'll post the image of it here when I get it cleaned up, but it's the M.C. Escher tree - I have loved Escher most of my life, grew up with his artwork - except I put apples on it. Well, you'll see it soon.)

Aaah, here it is:

Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books. ~Rupert Giles~

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tattoo time soon?
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:58 pm 
GOD II

I got it, it is gorgeous, and I love it. I will name it George. Well okay, I won't, but that's what you're s'posta say, ain't it?

Will post pictures when I have some. It are gorgeous!

I am Spartacus!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tattoo time soon?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:26 am 
GOD

Yay for photos! These were taken the day I got it...

Sam, Tickanie's little boy, loved to count the apples, he counted 'em over and over and over and over and... It was a little sore, hence the clenched fist, but he was sooooo cute, how could I stop him? Also, I didn't want to discourage his learning to count! Having an edjumacation is good! Of course, since he's recently learned to count to 12, there were usually 12 apples by the time he was done with 'em, but that's okay. Accuracy will come with time.

Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books. ~Rupert Giles~

Profile E-mail