Logo

The Circle of Hashibahbah

The MisCon Writer's Workshop Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Updates and New Friends
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:49 pm 
GOD

Well I updated the forum and we lost some formatting, but gained Sally's Silly Stuff!

Yes, boyz and gurlz, the long-attempted addition to our forum has arriv. Finally I was able to add a new forum just for Sally to post her scribblings. So you no longer have an excuse not to, you hear me, Sal?

I'll fiddle with the aesthetics and try to make it all purdy again, but for now it functions, and that's the important bit, yeh? Of course yeh.

I also thought I'd mention that I've gotten an email from someone who was at the MisCon workshop who is interested in a writer's online forum like this one. He's got a few others interested as well. I don't know if I should offer him an invitation to join this one or just start a new one. Gawd, another forum? Sighhhh.... it'd be so much easier to just add them to the MagNeph boards, but I'll perfectly understand if you guys don't want others seeing your stuff. Hence the mentioning it as a possibility.

Quote:
Hey Josie,

My name is Eric Jensen and I participated in the workshop at Miscon. I am also involved in a writers group here in Bozeman. I have spoken to the other two members, and we would all be interested in your idea of a closed forum to submit work for critique. I realize I am late in getting back to you on this, so I apologize.

For my part, I should mention that my writing focus so far has been in horror, but I do plan to branch out and try my hand at sci-fi, etc.

The other two members of our little group also submitted to the workshop, and I would say their focus is sci-fi and fantasy.

I will email Justin Barba as well, as we had talked about keeping in touch. Part of my reason for responding to your idea so late is because I am new to writing and I have been trying to compile a body of work to share with others. It's been slow going. I know Sengei and Miki have plenty of work to submit.

Anyway, I'm glad you proposed the idea. I think it's important we all try to collaborate, and I doubt there are many writers in our genre located in Montana.

hope to hear from you soon.

Waddaya think? Do we play with them?

Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books. ~Rupert Giles~

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Updates and New Friends
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:45 pm 
GOD

Whew! Thank goodness I figured that out! Got our image randomizer up and running again. Wouldn't you know it, it was a modified includes/functions.php file that was replaced, the standard one doesn't have the randomizer in it. And silly me, here I was trying to edit the overall_header.php file. D'oh! :roll: Anyway, it's all working again, though now I'm seriously considering revamping the imageset...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:14 am 
Bacterial Betatester

I personally would not have an issue with this person/these people seeing my stuff. In fact them seeing my stuff would mean that I had posted it which would be a good thing.

If you trust 'em I trust 'em.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:42 am 
GOD

Cool. Well if Travis feels the same I'll invite them here. It'd save me a ton of extra work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 am 
GOD

Aaaaand the invitation has been sent. Ladies and germs, we've gone global.

Don't worry, the writing is still hidden, but I've made "General" visible. I moved Travis' map thread to his board, as well as my Morgan poll, just to keep inside information... well... inside. What you want shared will be shared. What you don't won't. Easy as falling off a piece of pie. Manual activation of new accounts still holds, so no one I don't know will be registered.

And, as you may have noticed, I changed the name to "Circle of Hashibahbah." Since it's not just for MagNeph anymore, I shouldn't be greedy with the title. It hasn't been just MagNeph since Travis came along anyhow, but I just never knew quite what to call it, and never really worried about it. Now it has a name and I'ma useth it. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop thinking of it as MagNeph, but no reason to inflict a title that makes no sense on the newbies.

Profile E-mail