Logo

The Circle of Hashibahbah

The MisCon Writer's Workshop Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Kick start!
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:34 pm 
Odin Extraordinaire

This post is to kick start the forums once again!

If I go more than a week without posting yell at me. (I'll do the same for you, if you wish.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Kick start!
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:37 pm 
GOD

I'm waitin' fer Sally...

Well, and I'm not really concentrating on anything but MisCon right now. After that I'm all yours. Well, and my housework getting ready for my folks' to arrive, and this, and that, and the other thing, all the little things that always stop writers from writing......... :ugeek:

I spent most of today (after the moving furniture part - my god I'm sore and sweaty and tired!) making board game printouts. Create the board, print the f*$)@#er out. Check the 'net for rules variations, create a rules sheet, print the f*$)@#er out. Collate. Collate some more. Sort the playing pieces. Bag 'em up.

I need file folders. I'm making twenty sets, and each set consists of over twenty pages of boards and rules (that's a lot of collating!). No, I don't expect we'll hand all of those out, but it's not like they're gonna go bad. We'll use 'em someday, I imagine.

I don't think I have enough throwing sticks, either.

*fret*

Writing? What writing?

Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books. ~Rupert Giles~

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:37 am 
Bacterial Betatester

I am here. I promised someone I would work on Goldilocks this weekend. I apparently lied. It was so beautiful out that I spent all daylight hours outdoors doing yardwork. As I am horribly out of shape I spent indoor time collapsed in bed. :P

There is a good possibilty that poor Goldi will be stuck partway through her story until after graduation. I still have not cleaned out the guest room for my mom nor have I gotten Michelle a graduation present and.. and.... AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Here is some of Goldilocks, just so you can bug me about it.

I am sure you have all heard of Goldilocks and her and her adventures with the bears. The story is so common that I daresay if you were to look in your dictionary you would find her name nestled somewhere between Goldfish and Gorillas. The young lady unwisely wandered off alone and with no lunch. When she got hungry she trespassed, got caught, got away and that was the end of that. However, people’s stories don’t really end when the dangers of one particular adventure are averted, or in this case, the bears give up the chase.

Goldilocks did not venture near the woods again for several weeks. During that time she found herself either unable to fall asleep or so plagued by nightmares that she would waken in the middle of the night screaming. Goldi was used to her problems being solved by other people as soon as she smiled or pouted at them. She was dimly aware that her mind was not quite as bright as her shining locks and so she tried to never tax it too much. She smiled at her father who gave her a pat on her head and a kiss goodnight, but that did not make the nightmares go away. She pouted at her mother who made her some soothing tea with warm milk in it, but that did not make the nightmares go away. She smiled AND pouted at the doctor who gave her some really vile medicine which she poured out as soon as he wasn’t looking.

It looked like it was up to her to solve her own problem. The next night when she was laying in bed unable to sleep, she spent some time trying to think. She remembered when she had fallen off her favorite pony and her father had made her get right back on it. “If the last thing you remember is the pain of falling off, you will become afraid of the horse” he had said. Of course this was ridiculous. There was no way she could be afraid of kind, gentle Merry. Father had just been punishing her for being careless by making her ride around with mud on her skirt. Of course, maybe he had been right in a way. All of the heroes in the songs the bard with the dreamy eyes sang about did big scary things just to become brave. She decided right then and there that she would face her fear. She would go back into the woods, but this time she would be smart about it. This time she would pack a lunch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:20 pm 
Odin Extraordinaire

These kind of stories can be fun!

Should I keep on the lookout for a Goldilocks subforum?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:45 pm 
GOD

I could do that... might guilt trip her into posting something there. Alternatively, it might pressure her into backing off. Like I do. Been there, done that, completely sympathize.

Your call, Sally. You want a forum to call your very own?

I've also been considering posting another story of my own, since I've now got one that doesn't relate to the MagNeph universe at all. Undecided. On the one hand, I like the "one thing at a time" philosophy. On the other hand, I don't want to lose the enthusiasm of the idea. Sure, I've got the outline written down (okay, about two pages), but if I came back to that in a few years it'd be dead and lifeless.

Dilemma.

Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books. ~Rupert Giles~

Profile E-mail