Logo

The Circle of Hashibahbah

The MisCon Writer's Workshop Forums
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The "Maggies"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:23 pm 
GOD

Salmonella has several times now referred to those on this forum as the "Maggies." Her source for this, of course, was that this is the "MagNeph" board, short for "Magician's Nephew" - a highly appropriate though already used by someone else name. But the first thing that came to my mind when she said "Maggies" was my Granny Maggie's What Nots. The mind does make strange associations, don't it? It's weird in one way coz the What Nots were a bunch of little old ladies, but in another way it's not weird at all, coz they were a group of close friends brought together for a single purpose. I promise, none of you remind me of my Granny Maggie.

Well while going through paperwork the other day I came across an article my mother sent me about the What Nots, so I brought it downstairs and scanned it into my computer. Though I can't show you the image directly here coz it's too big, here's the link to it:

http://www.whirlitzer.org/magneph/images/whatnots.jpg

And now you see the strange places Josie's mind goes, my dear little Maggies.... it could only be more perfect if the grave was under an apple tree instead of maple, but one can't have everything, I suppose.

Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books. ~Rupert Giles~

Profile E-mail