Logo

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Well, here we go again...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:00 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

I don't do voices too well I'm afraid - I need some actors! - but here's another attempt at audio-izing my story. Give a listen, feedback would be appreciated. Any tips on improving tech skills which I know are woefully inadequate?

The Picnic, page one.

Life... you have to try. If you don't try it's like the difference between a real flamingo and a plastic lawn ornament one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:37 pm 
Pink

A great start now only twenty billion more sections. Maybe hire some actors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:07 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

I really couldn't do the next scene... there are three guys' voices, and I have enough trouble with just one. Mebbie I could say "and then they talked Terrel into it..." and go to the next bit. That's just got Paige and Brand and a lot of wind. I might could handle that much. I might could.

And how 'bout that Alain for vapid, huh? I liked her fine until I tried to mimic her speech patterns and realized she was kinda annoying. But... she's not s'posta be annoying. I think lack of actors is my main complaint... compiling the whole thing is actually fun.

Life... you have to try. If you don't try it's like the difference between a real flamingo and a plastic lawn ornament one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:31 pm 
Lead-poisoned Wrist-watch Owner

I enjoyed it very much-couldn't help but smile, though. I recognize your voice, and that makes it humorous for some inexplicable reason. :? Good job, at any rate!

Kevin Noel Olson
Mundanely extraordinaire starving writer
http://www.myspace.com/kno4skull
http://eereytocsin.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:36 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

Thanks, Kevin! I like being the narrator best... the other parts are too tricky to do with just one voice, everyone sounding like the narrator is kinda silly. Hey, you're local, wanna be an actor for me? You could play Prince Terrel. Or King Phaelan, but he's only got one line... If you did Terrel I could use you again.

Hey, Pat, I'll make ya famous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:16 pm 
Lead-poisoned Wrist-watch Owner

Sure, I'm game. Let me know when and I'm all for it!

Kevin Noel Olson
Mundanely extraordinaire starving writer
http://www.myspace.com/kno4skull
http://eereytocsin.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:29 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

Well I have SOME of the voices cast... Paige (Sarah), Alain (Salmonella), Terrel (KNO), Narrator (Jostapha), Phaelan (Papa Jo). I'm still working on some of the other characters.

Keep fingers crossed for me. I'll keep you all posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:24 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

Well, I have something listen-to-able! Yay! This is pages one and two of an eleven page script, but it's a start. My computer keeps crashing the program, which makes going slow, but I'm making some headway. I'll have to do callbacks on some of the actors - including myself - before I can finish, but I think it's going pretty well. I can't very well re-record my voice while I've got this horrific cough going on, nor ask my other actors to be in the same room with me so sick, so I'm working on mixing the early stuff while waiting to re-record the later stuff. Might as well...

The Picnic, pages 1 & 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:57 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

Jostapha wrote:
Well, I have something listen-to-able! Yay! This is pages one and two of an eleven page script, but it's a start.
The Picnic, pages 1 & 2

Actually, it's just past page four now, though I've kept the file name the same so that I don't have to change the link. I sent it to Freak, see, and I don't want to have to resend it. Otherwise I'd just put up a new filename. Anyway, pages 1-4 are done, and turning out better than I'd imagined they would. Farrrrr from professional, of course, but loads of fun if you like tedious detail work. Which I do... I'm a perv! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:10 am 
Little One

It's sooooo strange hearing your voice, Jostapha. And is that Kevin Noel Olsen who sounds like Kermit the frog?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:49 pm 
Pink

wow for some reason Kevin does kinda sound like kermit the frog he doesn't in person honest. very good for a first try!