Logo

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Something Ain't working right...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:41 am 

Heya Jostapha...

The link at the top of the main page (http://www.whirlitzer.org) is not working for me, but the one embedded in the text further down the page works just fine.

I know they're supposed to go to exactly the same page: the front page of this forum. But the pretty blue button ain't doing it. I get an error saying that the server is taking too long to respond. :roll:

It worked the day before yesterday...

For what it's worth, I'm using Firefox. I will try to see if using a different browser changes anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:11 pm 

Sorry for the double post, but it's working now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:15 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

np... this showed up as a new post.... now I'm confoozled even more. So weird, life! Especially when computers are involved, eh?

Life... you have to try. If you don't try it's like the difference between a real flamingo and a plastic lawn ornament one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:24 pm 

To err is human. To really f**k things up takes a computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:28 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

Oyez, oyez!!

Life... you have to try. If you don't try it's like the difference between a real flamingo and a plastic lawn ornament one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:25 pm 
Somewhere On the Food Chain

You should see MY screen - ever since I upgraded to Firefox ver 2. None of the icons show up where they're supposed to unless I click on the "Reload Current Page" 5 or 6 times. The Emoticons are mixed in with various avatar pics and take up half the page, and I can only move around by remembering what the icon in any particular position is 'supposed' to look like. Whirlitzer isn't so bad. Dr Don's Disturbing Things is absolutely horrible. Takes a dozen reloads to get it looking proper. Tried clearing out all the old temp files, cookies, recent pages, etc. and that REALLY screwed things up! Lost all my passwords, pointers that tell me where the new posts are - everything! I don't recommend cleaning out that stuff unless the Feds are pounding down the front door :roll:

But, I hear IE ver 7 is buggy as hell, too, so there's no win to be had by switching browsers. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:13 pm 

Dunno if this is the right thread, but...

Didn't there used to be a section on the 'profile' page where a member could change the phrase that appears next to his/her avatar? The 'signature' block only changes what appears at the bottom of each member's post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:10 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

You mean the bit where yours says "Not recommended for human consumption?" That can only be done by the admins and mods. If you want it changed, lemmie know and I'll put something new in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:43 am 

I was thinking about:

"I'm not your dinner! You're mine!"

That would be wut she sez as she thrusts her knife up through the raptor's skull.

So anyway, I should've gone in through the Admin page, huh? Mebbe I'll try that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:46 am 

So... it seems that I'm a moderator, not an admin. Oh, well. You can do it for me.

Oh, and, uh - Thanks! :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:21 am 
The Ultimate Mind

Ooookay, you're really really odd, DanK! That's okay, we knew that. Those bits by our avatars are called "ranks" and theoretically they're supposed to denote a title or ranking on the boards. Like "Learless Feeder," "King of the Wild Frontier," "Pink" and "The Contaminator" Um... but you can put a quote there, I guess. In fact, it's done already. Your title is "I'm not your dinner, you're mine!"

Which is... um... different. :smt017

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:43 pm 

Oh. Sorry. My bad. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:55 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

No, not bad... just different. And if you weren't different, we'd all be scared, I'm a-thinkin'. How scary it would be to have a dull DanK! I'm-not-your-dinner-you're-mine DanK is much more interesting than Normal Dank!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:05 pm 

I been thinkin'...

You could change it to: "Top of the Food Chain" :wink:

I also have other pics that would fit that topic... :twisted:

Clean ones, I mean... :roll:

I don't really feel I should pester you for a new title (now that I know what that is) every time I change my avatar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:29 pm 
The Ultimate Mind

Whatever you like. Not a thing wrong with whatcha got, nothing wrong with changing. Your call.